Guilford House is the home of Case Western Reserve University’s English Department and the EGSA. It is located at 11112 Bellflower Road, in the part of campus known as the Flora Stone Mather Quadrangle (Mather Quad).
Built in 1892 as a women’s dormitory at what was then Mather College, Guilford House is a yellow brick building with character and Victorian charm, and its parlor, a pleasant space with patterned wallpaper and period furniture, continues to be a gathering space for members and friends of the English Department.
Throughout the year the parlor provides a comfortable meeting place for department and organization parties, colloquia featuring visiting speakers, readings, and presentations by English faculty and students. When not otherwise in use, the parlor offers chairs and couches for relaxing, studying, and chatting with colleagues.