Welcome to the digital home of the English Graduate Student Association at Case Western Reserve University. We hope that members and friends of the CWRU English Department, as well as anyone interested in our community, will find it a vibrant resource for upcoming events, professionalization resources, exciting news, and a deeper look into the lives of our active and ambitious graduate students.
If you have news, photos, reviews, etc. that you would like to share – or if you experience technical difficulties or dead links on our site – please contact Webmaster Leah Davydov (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
About the EGSA
The EGSA here at CWRU was established in 2011 as a student-run organization supporting and advocating for students in the English Department’s graduate program. Our mission includes the following:
- To provide sustained support for current and prospective graduate students in all aspects of graduate life, including but not limited to coursework, M.A. comprehensive exams, Ph.D. qualifying exams, dissertation writing, professional development, and pedagogy.
- To foster intellectual development through sponsorship of academic events and discussions.
- To promote fellowship among the graduate cadre through social events and moral support.
- To engage and support the community and local service organizations through the organization of community outreach opportunities.
- To inform and encourage prospective students through coordinating campus visits and compiling informative materials about the program.